Re: [opensuse] installing suphp on OpenSuSE11.1
  • From: "Brian K. White" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 18:47:36 -0400

Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:
On Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:42:06 -0400
Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 08/10/09 17:30, Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:

Dear my friends...

Anybody know how to install suphp on OpenSuSE 11.1?

SuPHP binaries are available in the server:php repository in the
Buildservice, Though I dont recommend you to use it.

===
RB>But my YaST2 can not find it. What is the URL of the repository?

Please tell me why do you not recommend it to I use it?

Thank you very much.

He told you where to find them. "server:php in build service". Must he
tie your shoes for you also?
Maybe saying build service could confuse the issue a little so lets
pretend to be super dummies and just take wild guesses at what that means...

Maybe this is a wild leap of secret arcane inside knowledge that no one
could ever be expected to guess by themselves, but, lets start here:
http://download.opensuse.org/

Then in there you see a directory "repositories" so, that's probably a
good guess lets try that...
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/

Then in there, you see a lot of directories, including one named
"server:" Hmm, sorta looks like the first half of "server:php" ? It
costs nothing to just click it and see...
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/

Hey wow look at that, sure enough, in there are two likely suspects,
"php" and "php:"
Well, even if that was confusing, you could just try them both and see
which on has the package, or which one has the newer version, or which
one has the more release-quality version vs some dvelopment beta etc.

So, if you have say, opensuse 11.1, then it's:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1/

Or you could just download the rpm:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php/openSUSE_11.1/x86_64/suphp-0.7.1-3.2.x86_64.rpm

This all took far far far less time to do, a few clicks!, than it takes
for you to post that question, wait for someone to receive it, and for
them to post an answer, and for you to receive that answer. Especially
when you realize that, he probably wouldn't have bothered answering
anyways since he already did and at this point you're just wasting his
time being helpless and lazy.

The reason I answered is, I think it's important every once in a while
to explain to possible newbies that it's bad to waste others time, and
to explain why they are apparently being ignored.

--
bkw