Re: [opensuse] NIC installation: What is this error?
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 04:12:42 +0530
On Friday 09 October 2009 03:43:19 am Stan Goodman wrote:
I am sure of nothing at this point, including my name.

what surprises me is that your system didn't recognize the rt8169
network card without installing a separate driver. i think i remember that
the card on my other machine uses the same one, and detected it
automatically. don't have access to that machine now and can't confirm
this for sure, though.

somewhere in the process of uninstalling the old and installing the new
driver something must have gone wrong; but what exactly i can't figure
out from this thread; certainly hope that somebody else will, but the
whole thing appears pretty confused.

if you boot from a live CD, does your network work?

--
phani.