Re: [opensuse] Kmail does not show all messages
  • From: John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:53:43 -0700
Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Using KMail, Version 1.12.2, Using KDE 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1) "release 163"
Since last week I found that in Kmail sometimes messages in my inbox but also
in my suse folder are not shown. Or they only show the header without
content.
Today I checked my inbox with midnight commander and found that the daily
NewYork Times is there although in Kmail it does not show up. From this
morning I remember that the yesterday's NYTimes did show up together with
some
other email from yesterday. So I assume that the NYTimes from today will be
readable tomorrow morning. With the Suse box where all incoming suse email is
going I found in several cases headers without text. They cannot be erased.
Later in the day they get text and can be erased.
Get the feeling that there is something amiss with the index for the folders.
Somebody else with this kind of (mis)behavior?

There is no shortage of Paragraphs, Constant, feel free to use some.

I think we would need to know a little bit about how you get
your mail in order to help.

What type of mailbox is it, Pop3, Imap?.

For Imap accounts, Kmail is pretty much at the mercy of the imap
server. Some of what you describe sounds like a overworked server.
Kmail does not properly support imap idle yet. With imap idle, Reading
a mail on one computer should show it as read on other computers,
usually within a second. Kmail appears not to send these "was read"
notices to Imap servers promptly. Not till the next download of mail.

Broken mail box could be a problem if you use pop.