Re: [opensuse] nfs logging?
  • From: Martin Jedamzik <MartinJedamzik@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 21:15:58 +0200
Am Donnerstag 08 Oktober 2009 14:00:59 schrieb Dave Howorth:
Sometimes my NFS server is hammered and I'd like to find out what the
cause is. top shows me a very high IO wait time and several nfsd
instances at the top of the cpu lists. So I'm looking for ways to
investigate NFS usage.

I see that Solaris has NFS logging. Does Linux have anything similar? Or
does anybody have any other suggestions (except wireshark :)

Cheers, Dave

I'd suggest using /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfsd_debug

A few good hints are here:

http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~strombrg/NFS-troubleshooting-2.html

But maybe you should use "showmount -a" before to see which clients are
causing you trouble.

Cheers, Martin

--
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty,
than those attending too small a degree of it.