[opensuse] Installing an NIC driver
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:59:21 +0200
In preparing for installation of a driver for the Network Controller of my
Vostro 1510, I am having difficulty in locating the PCI ID for the
controller.

The controller is detected in Network Settings as: <RTL8111/8168B PC
Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller>. Searching the Hardware List for
likely terms, I find only one paragraph about "Network Controller", which
in fact does not describe the NIC at all, but details the Wireless
Card -- it gives the PCI ID as 14e4:4315, which I know for a fact is the
WiFi card.

It can't be that the NIC is not described in the Haardware List. I have
not been able to find where it is lurking.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on