Re: [opensuse] Address already in use
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 16:31:43 -0500
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 01:28:43 pm phanisvara das wrote:
perhaps a little too heavy on the sarcasm here. almost everybody using
linux is familiar with grep to some extent; lsof is a bit more esoteric,
insider knowledge. i'm happy to learn about the options that exist with
lsof, but if i was the original poster i'd probably be miffed, too.

I always chock it up to the old axiom:

"There are a-holes in every crowd. The bigger the crowd, the more a-holes you
have in it..."

No offense to the original poster meant or implied. We all need to remember
that people, for the most part, come here for help. And while I may be a
crouchy old man who sits on his veranda, I always try to remember that. (now,
of course, we all know the devs ain't here to get help ;-)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC