Fwd: Re: [opensuse] Installing wireless on Dell Vostro
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:31:39 +0200
It is possible that I will be able to find a compatible wireless card in
this country; as I see from table on
<http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43>, a supported substitute
would be BCM4318. The merchant from whom I bought the machine has offered
to replace my BCM4322 for free. If I can't find one here, I see
that "refurbished" ones can be had on ebay for about $10.

I have also found a driver for the machine's netword card (RTL8111/8168B
PCI Express) from the RealTek site. This is a source file, so suitable
for both 32 and 64byte systems. I'll compile it tomorrow.

I begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.