Re: [opensuse] Toning Down KDE 4's Graphics for LTSP Desktop
  • From: phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 23:53:15 +0530
On Wednesday 07 October 2009 11:42:12 pm Anthony Simonelli wrote:
My question is, are there additional things I can do to KDE to help
save some RAM on the thin clients?

i've read about somebody from the KDE side working on a "KDE light"
version aimed at netbooks, etc. this isn't even in any pre-release stage yet
AFAIK, but you could probably find out more, what they're doing and how
far along they have come, by looking into KDE mailing lists, blogs, etc.

apart from that the only thing i can think of is going into personal
settings, disabling all effects, etc.-- or using openSUSE 11.1 with KDE 3.

--
phani.