Re: [opensuse] Opera 10 crawls
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:51:19 -0500
On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:06:07 am Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Using opera because I like it.System 11.1, KDE 4.3.1 regularly updated.
De last week I found that Opera is very slow and sometimes even does not
seem to respond. At first I thought that my internet connection was to
blame but after using Konquerer on the same sites I was struggling with
with Opera I found a very responsive webbrowser.Still like to work with
Opera but need to get it up to expectations.

Opera used:

Version 10.00
Build 4585
Platform Linux
System i686, 2.6.27.29-0.1-default
Qt library 3.3.8b
Java Java Runtime Environment installed

Any ideas where to start improving my browser?

Hmm,

Short answer -- Dunno? (but I have a guess) But I'm running w/o any
problems:

Version information
Version 10.00
Build 4585
Platform Linux
System x86_64, 2.6.25.20-0.5-default
Qt library 4.5.2
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Java Runtime Environment installed

Try downloading and installing the qt4 version from the opera ftp site.
Anders J. provided the links in response to an earlier thread. I'm running the
qt4 version now and it work great:

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/linux/1000/final/en/x86_64/

or

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/linux/1000/final/en/i386/

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC