[opensuse] OpenSUSE updater problem
  • From: Paul Korossy <p1037905@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 18:35:04 +0200
Hi,

For a few weeks my online-update applet in the system tray has indicated that
new updates are available. But clicking on 'details' it shows only the
following line:
'Dummy patch for applet state'
and won't search for real updates anymore.
If I try to install the dummy, the tray icon seems to be updating 'forever'.
I can only make the applet work by restarting and manually forcing it to check
for updates, so it can show the available new packages which can then be
installed.
But after a few days 'Dummy patch' returns for some reason.
The configuration parameters are set up correctly to check for updates every
24 hours, my system is an OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64 with KDE 4.3.1
Thanks,

Paul