Re: [opensuse] Goblin a la a recent openSUSE News Letter
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:18:40 +0200
On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 09:15 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Monday 05 October 2009 18:51:30 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I installed Goblin on my openSUSE 11.1 system (rather recent for most
repositories). I used the OneClick mentioned in a recent OP Newsletter
(I think it was the one just before the last).

When I log in, using Goblin for the session, I get a background with the
Goblin logo. Then nothing. I suspect something is not correct in the
installation. (No ***t, Maynard...) Before I spend an evening irritating
the wife by fiddling with this, has anyone gotten this to work?

There's an opensuse-goblin mailing list, I suggest to ask there,

Figures there would be one... I have subscribed. Looking at the
archives, I get the feeling this is targeted for working on a 11.2
system, and even then with community repositories, as Goblin is using
some newer things than 11.2. Why is it we always want yesterday what
will be available next week?

I think I will look for a live CD. Perhaps I can check it out in VMWare.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB