Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:52:24 -0400
John Andersen wrote:
James Knott wrote:

Philip Dowie wrote:

Many years ago, when I was working at IBM, they suggested combining 2
short words with a number, such as "out2lunch". ;-)

pwgen -cynsB

;-)

I have used a WPA key, as generated by www.grc.com, as a password. A
bit tough to remember though. ;-)

So you let someone else generate a password for you?

And GRC of all possible someone elses?

:-o

Well, it's supposed to be a fresh random key each time. Of course,
having the key doesn't get you much, if you don't know where it's used.
I've also generated WEP keys by using the "ps aux|md5sum" command.