Re: [opensuse] Re: Re: Re: Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:55:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2009-10-04 at 11:04 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:

On Sunday 04 October 2009 07:23:50 Heinz Diehl wrote:

This doesn't help, any machine outside of your full control is not
trustworthy. A simple keylogger grabs the password while entering.

Booting from USB stick might be better, in case that computer owner does not
intend to steal passwords/data and have computer prepared for that activity.

I think it was a year ago where a problem was detected on some intel cpus that could be used to create a sort of trojan that would survive a reboot to a clean system. I forget the details, it was theoretical. Perhaps changing microcode? Something with protected modes, perhaps. I don't remember.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.