[opensuse] Re: 11.0 ssh -X, sudo yast2 call ncurses, su root yast calls qt -- why?
  • From: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 04:50:27 -0700
David C. Rankin wrote:
Devs,

When managing remote systems via ssh, if yast2 is called by "sudo yast2" the ncurses interface is used. This happens even if you specify --qt "sudo yast2 --qt module".

The opposite occurs when you su to root on the remote host and then call yast2. You get the normal gui interface then.

Why the difference?
----
I just tried mine -- works fine.

You did edit your sudoer's file to allow sudo to pass the correct
environment variables ...hmmm...actually looks like I disabled the env
filtering altogether. Guess it got to be too much of a hassle. Works for me
as I don't have other users on my system.

I think it was working fine -- I don't believe the default includes
things like 'DISPLAY' or 'REMOTEHOST', which I needed for redirection to work, so I had to add those to the 'env_keep' tag in the sudoer's file....

good luck,
linda