Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:52:40 +0200
At 22:18:54 on Saturday Saturday 03 October 2009, "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday, 2009-10-03 at 12:54 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:
At 22:35:25 on Friday Friday 02 October 2009, Felix Miata <> wrote:

I neglected to answer your question about why I wrote of BIOS problem
when I was in DFSee.

The problem there was in keys producing the wrong characters. I
think it is doubtful that DFSee doesn't have its own character set
and independent editing facility; writing in DFSee doesn't normally
produce "/" from the "0" key. I assume that those things have to be
coming from the BIOS. I should have said that.

I understand that dfsee uses its own boot cd? Then it is up to that cd
operating system to map the keyboard, not the bios. If you get
incorrect keys, it is the fault of that CD, a bug. Things get more
complicated with portables, because they usually have cramped keyboards
with keys having several uses.

Then another misunderstanding bites the dust. I'll discuss this with the
developer, and find out why this is happening. Thanks.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on