Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 19:07 -0500, Constantinos Galilei wrote:
On Saturday October 3 2009 7:02:29 pm John Andersen wrote:
I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted what Roger said.

He meant that his passwords are secure enough for his purposes.

All automated ssh attacks are looking for totally insanely simple
passwords, like "password".

They'll certainly never get MY password! "swordfish". Am I brilliant or
what?

Perhaps i misjudged the situation....
If the O.P. manage _all_ involved passowrds, ok, allthough you can have
miles of failing entries that get in the syslog.

otoh, if other people (clients, customers, lusers) need to geet in, they
are probably in control of their own passwords, and then you are in
troubles: "password", "admin", "empty", "", "secret", "geheim"
etcetcetc.

'-)