Re: [opensuse] Re: Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 19:00 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

The one issue I have with using ssh public keys is that the client setup
seems to get tied to somebodys home-directory. Has anyone worked out a
solution where the keys and such are kept on a USB stick (encrypted
filesystem perhaps) such that an individual can carry it from place to
place with minimal effort? We occasionally have people working from
places where 1) their home-directory is not available or 2) is not
trusted at all.

I know some people carry their usb-stick with a openvpn-exe + config
(keys/certificates) on it.
On any XP (Internet-cafe's are normally polluted with M$) they can run
their vpn client, and afterwards they can create ssh-connections (trough
the tunnel), read mail safely and so-on (As default-GW and DNS are
pushed by their own vpn-server)...

hw