Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:18:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-10-03 at 12:54 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:

At 22:35:25 on Friday Friday 02 October 2009, Felix Miata <> wrote:

I neglected to answer your question about why I wrote of BIOS problem when
I was in DFSee.

The problem there was in keys producing the wrong characters. I think it
is doubtful that DFSee doesn't have its own character set and independent
editing facility; writing in DFSee doesn't normally produce "/" from
the "0" key. I assume that those things have to be coming from the BIOS.
I should have said that.

I understand that dfsee uses its own boot cd? Then it is up to that cd operating system to map the keyboard, not the bios. If you get incorrect keys, it is the fault of that CD, a bug. Things get more complicated with portables, because they usually have cramped keyboards with keys having several uses.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.