Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 19:02:28 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Saturday, 2009-10-03 at 17:16 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

I've just remembered the only drawback - using rsync, scp and others
who use ssh under the covers does become a little tiresome, but I
think both rsync and scp have environment variables that'll set a
usable default so you don't have to specify the new port all the
time.

I think you can modify the ssh lines in /etc/services, and those apps
might take the new port from there. But you have to change that in the
client machines, of course.

Joachims earlier suggestion is better - if I modify /etc/services, it
goes for all ssh connedtions, which I probably would not want.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.3°C)