Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 15:20:49 +0200
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 08:58 -0400, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 03/10/09 09:00, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I am not sure how to proceed.

You can't actually proceed ;-) this is an issue with any network
service on planet earth, but you can protect yourself of being
cracked by only using public key authentication.

I was thinking more along the lines of moving my sshd to a less known
port. I access it in a controlled fashion. So, having it on a standard
port is not (I think) a requirement for me. Then, our NAT could simply
drop the sshd port accesses on the well-known port.

Yes, that approach actually works very well.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.3°C)