Re: [opensuse] Coordinated, distributed ssh attacks?
On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 13:21 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the wave of coordinated, distributed ssh
attacks? Since Sep30 around 2100CET, I see a login attempt about once
a minute, but coming from different IP-addresses. Looks like a
coordinated attempt to circumvent the firewalls that block based on too
many unsuccessful attempts.

I see the same. The IP addresses often are from China or Indonesia. They
are not getting in, but it seems a waste of resources on the server to
deal with them. I am not sure how to proceed.

--
Roger Oberholtzer