Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 12:57:37 +0200
At 12:50:11 on Saturday Saturday 03 October 2009, "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday, 2009-10-02 at 19:59 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:
As I just told jdd, I'm going to choose to install on sda6 and sda7.
If it works, I will be very relieved. If it doesn't, the machine is
going back to the Dell importer.

You can simply forget dfsee, boot the install disk, use the
partitioner there to erase the partition table and create a brand new
table, and proceed with the install.

I don't see why you need dfsee at all, unless you inted to instal
several operating systems. Nor the need of the os2 boot manager on its
own primary.

I do intend to install other operating systems.

But of course, if you use dfsee or any other partitioning tool, then in
the installer partitioner you do have to use the expert mode and ignore
completely its initial proposal.

That's what I know now, after Felix has explained it. Apparently this is
the first installation in which I have failed to use the expert mode.

As I wrote yesterday, the insstallation is now complete, on the partitions
that I requested.

Thanks.

--
Stan Goodman