Re: [opensuse] ipconfrig--where?
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 09:39:03 +0100

Hans Witvliet wrote:
On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 09:49 +0100, G T Smith wrote:

While ip remains poorly documented, and ifconfig is well known the
number of things that depend on the latter will tend to increase.

Much better job would be to.... Write The F..(ine) Manual!
So we can reply with rtfm again

I suspect that WTFM (Writing the Fine Manual) in such way as someone
other than the program author or fellow developer can understand it, is
considered by many programmers/developers as more difficult (or boring)
than writing the program itself :-)

In this case things like LNAG would also need to be updated or an
equivalent created (AFAIK this has not been done yet). Not really a
simple exercise....

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup