[opensuse] Re: Windows (NTFS) file defragmenter from Linux
  • From: Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:46:53 -0700
Ignore the post about kernel renumbering...not applicable to this thread!
(oops!)

Linda Walsh wrote:
XXXXX
XXXXX I can't say from personal experience, but they *should* be
XXXXXrenumbered, as the kernel starts numbering from whence it found them.
XXXXX
XXXXX I think you may be able to override the numbering via special
XXXXXchanges in 'udev', (at least you can with 'ethX').
XXXXXHowever, if you label your partitions (use XFS, or another file format XXXXXthat supports labels), then you can mount by label
XXXXXand when the devices are renumbered, it won't matter.