Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:15:10 +0200
Stan Goodman wrote:

At 15:14:06 on Friday Friday 02 October 2009, Per Jessen
<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
I then inserted the oS installation disk and booted from it. When
it got to the s stage of suggesting partitions, it offered to put /
on sda3 (20GB) and /home on sda4 (140.7GB); I did not make these,
and I do not recognize the size numbers.

I rarely pay much attention to what the installer suggests, but maybe
those are just the actual _suggestions_ ? Try "Reread partition
table" and see what you get.

Fine idea. I don't see an option for "Reread partition table". Where
is that?

It's well hidden - I can't remember where, sorry.

It did put Swap on sda5, with the size I had made, and then listed
sda6 and sda7 with the sizes I had made., without specifying
mounting points.

Summarizing, it inserted 160GB into the partition array on its own
initiative.

I think those are the _suggestions_ made - you can accept them or
edit the partition setup to suit your own purpose.

I have always edited the offered arrangement. But I do not remember
ever having the list of Available Storage being ficticious, as it is
in this case.

Ah, that wasn't clear to me - maybe YaST is confused about the size of
your drive?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.6°C)