Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:14:06 +0200
Stan Goodman wrote:

I then inserted the oS installation disk and booted from it. When it
got to the s stage of suggesting partitions, it offered to put / on
sda3 (20GB) and /home on sda4 (140.7GB); I did not make these, and I
do not recognize the size numbers.

I rarely pay much attention to what the installer suggests, but maybe
those are just the actual _suggestions_ ? Try "Reread partition
table" and see what you get.

It did put Swap on sda5, with the size I had made, and then listed
sda6 and sda7 with the sizes I had made., without specifying mounting
points.

Summarizing, it inserted 160GB into the partition array on its own
initiative.

I think those are the _suggestions_ made - you can accept them or edit
the partition setup to suit your own purpose.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.3°C)