Re: [opensuse] Can use the incoming mailserver but not the outgoing mailserver.
  • From: Sandy Drobic <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:25:49 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Thursday, 2009-10-01 at 23:33 +0700, Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:

postfix/smtpd[1969]: warning: no entropy for TLS key generation:
disabling TLS support Oct 1 23:03:21 sussy postfix/smtpd[1969]:

You probably need TLS.

I've seen a hint in his logs that tlsmgr does not exist in his configuration.
That is probably the real cause of that message. OP should let Postfix check
his configuration:

Add missing lines in master.cf (TLSMGR!!):
postfix upgrade-configuration

General permission check:
postfix check

After a reload the problem with tlsmgr should be fixed.

RB>As information, I want to have "real" mail server. 'mygoogle.com'
RB>is only the pseudonome. I have already the internet domain and has
RB>been setup on my mail/web server. I just replaced every
RB><<myrealinternetdomainname>> into 'mygoogle.com' before posting
RB>here because I am affraid of hackers, they'll attack my server if
RB>they know the name of my internet domain.

Then use names that exist for exactly that purpose:
example.com
example.net
server.example

There are some requirements for "real" mailserver:
- fixed ip address
- matching hostname and reverse lookup for that hostname
- working dns resolution

I would like to add basic knowledge about smtp protocol and server security
and monitoring, but that is probably wishful thinking... sigh (^-^)

It is difficult to help the OP because I still don't know what exactly he
tries to do and what he has available to work with.