Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:19:43 +0200
At 21:43:02 on Thursday Thursday 01 October 2009, "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, 2009-10-01 at 15:32 +0200, Stan Goodman wrote:
I know that the partition tables store the partition scheme. But if I
see a certain arrangement, that must be what the partition table is
storing.

I think, in fact, that HDs have two copies of the partition table.

No, not true.

Not the first time that what I knew wasn't true. I understand more about
this than I did before someone posted real information about this.

Simply reboot after using that dfsee, and then print what fdisk says
that is there.

The machine has been rebooted many times since the DFSee operations. What
is there is the partitions I put there, not what the installer says.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on