Re: [opensuse] Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 00:15:05 +0200
At 23:16:38 on Thursday Thursday 01 October 2009, Felix Miata
<mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009/10/01 23:03 (GMT+0200) Stan Goodman composed:
Felix Miata wrote:
Precisely, in detail, how did you delete?

DFSee > Mode >Delete Partition.

Can you remember how many there were and what type(s)? Specifically,
were any type EEh?

There would have been the Boot Manager primary, one type 82, and four
83s (all these logical) -- I was setting up for two linux
installations.

It surprises me not that you remember what you put there. What I would
like to know is what was there before you started DFSee to do "DFSee >
Mode.

Sorry, your question wasn't clear to me.

Delete Partition", as it arrived with Ubuntu installed.

That's a different story. When the machine arrived, there there was
besides Ubuntu (in a single primary partition), also a primary partition
containing Dell utilities. The latter was at the beginning of the HD.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on