Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 23:26:24 +0200
At 19:05:50 on Thursday Thursday 01 October 2009, Per Jessen
<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
DFSee, by the way, is among other things an alternative to fdisk,
but much more versatile -- and it works with Linux, Windows, Mac
(I think), and OS/2. You can look at its website, or ask e.g.
Felix Miata (or anyone else who came from OS/2) about it.

I "come from" OS2 myself, but DFSee wasn't of my tools back then.

Then you left very early on. I don't remember when its first release
came out, but it was quite a long time ago. Maybe you didn't notice
it.

Maybe I never had a need that the standard tools didn't fulfill. I

Or you didn't spend much time on OS/2 Usenet forums.

started with OS/2 around 1990/91 and went the whole way to Warp4 before
quitting - around 1998 I think.

I switched from DOS to OS/2 as soon as v2.0 (the first IBM, i.e. post-M$)
release came out, and threw in the towel in January 2008.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (16.6°C)

You're proud of your temperature? =;-))) You've made my day!
For what it's worth, tomorrow is forecast to be 33C here; even now at
2330, it's 24C

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on