Re: [opensuse] Can use the incoming mailserver but not the outgoing mailserver.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:28:02 +0200
Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:

RB>Dear Per Jessen. Please CMIIW, so you are meaning: if the scheme
is: RB>I want to use the userid+password for sending email though
outbound RB>server (with the basic config from suse) than I have to
setup TLS on RB>my mail server? Is it like that, Per? Please CMIIW.

It's impossible for anyone to say without further information, but *if*
your provider requires you to authenticate using a userid and a
password, and *if* these are being sent in plain text, it makes sense
that the connection should be using TLS to prevent others from picking
up your password.

RB>Currently, Yes my mail server does not have TLS setup on it. You're
RB>right.
RB>If then, than I need to lookup the documentation how to setup TLS
RB>on postfix.

The error messages you sent strongly indicate that the receiving server
required TLS, and since this could not be established, your
authentication failed.

AFAIR, setting TLS on a postfix client is no big deal.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.6°C)