Re: [opensuse] kde widget bar size
  • From: Rich Coe <rcoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 07:32:47 -0500

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 10:26:02 +0530
phanisvara das <phani00@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My computer locked up coming out of suspend mode,
and ever since the kde bar (plasma?) is only 3/4's of the screen
width.

There's also two half-moon widgets in the upper right corner. I've
seen as many as four widgets there ...

if you didn't put too much effort into configuring your desktop, it may be
a good idea to start with a fresh (default) configuration.

first stop plasma-desktop by typing "kquitapp plasma-desktop" in a
terminal. then back up your plasma config. somewhere:

mkdir ~/<your-backup-location>
cp ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* ~/<your-backup-location>

delete the present config.: rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma*

now restart plasma-desktop with "plasma-desktop & disown"

Thanks phani.

Everything worked great once I replaced 'plasma-desktop' with 'plasma'
in your example.

Rich
--
Rich Coe rcoe@xxxxxxxxx