Re: [opensuse] Re: Partitioning problem in installing oS v11.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:23:39 +0200
Stan Goodman wrote:

as somebody else said, why don't you use YaST installer to do the
partitionning?

Among other reasons, because I want to know why the installer has
retained partition information that isn't there anymore, and where it
is storing obsolete information.

Partition information is stored in the partition tables. When the
partitioner finds your old partition scheme it's because it is still
stored there.

I don't know dfsee either, I always use fdisk - what does fdisk says
when you print the partition table?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.8°C)