Re: [opensuse] ipconfrig--where?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:36:49 +0200
On Thursday 01 October 2009 09:25:03 kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
why can't a *replacement* come out with *all* of the old features AND ONLY
AFTER THAT add whatever new whatchamacallit the developer wants?

in real world engineering this is a given.

Ah yes, that's why on all new cars you always have the option to start them
with a hand crank - after all, that was a feature that was ubiquitous in older
cars, and in real world engineering, features are never dropped

why do coders (or whoever pushes forth *new* crap) think this is
immaterial?

What is it you can do in ifconfig that you can't do in ip? As far as I can
see, ip has all the features of ifconfig, and quite a bit more.

I think you're ranting against the wrong software here

Anders