Re: [opensuse] ipconfrig--where?
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:25:03 -1000
On Wednesday 30 September 2009 09:53:09 am Philip Dowie wrote:
If we keep maintaining old stuff, then pretty soon Linux will
be like Windows: Having code that is 20+ years old because people simply
don't want to change.

NOBODY said ANYTHING like that. The *one* thing that pisses us oldtimers off
is that almost anything coming out as *new* AND as a *replacement* of
something we are used to ALWAYS seems to have about half the features the
*old* goat has.

why is this so hard to understand?

why can't a *replacement* come out with *all* of the old features AND ONLY
AFTER THAT add whatever new whatchamacallit the developer wants?

in real world engineering this is a given.

why do coders (or whoever pushes forth *new* crap) think this is immaterial?

d.