Re: [opensuse] Question about Cisco VPN
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:06:57 -0400
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il martedì 29 settembre 2009 11:41:50 Rui Santos ha scritto:
Chuck Payne wrote:
Guys,

Has anyone been able to get VPN working so that they can connect
to a CISCO VPN server, I have my profile. But I don't know what
software is recommend.

You can use vpnc for many Cisco VPN connections. You can even have
NAT-T with it.
However if you wish to use Cisco's proprietary TPC encapsulation
you will need Cisco's closed source vpnclient.

Regards,
Rui

vpnc works for me, but with a lot of strange issues:
- I have to run it twice: the first must be interrupted, then the
second call works
-I had to set Xauth username and Xauth password identical to IPSec ID
and IPSec secret
-vpnc disconnects often, regardless of my use of the connection

I need some that like the CISCO VPN Client, we use RSA Tokens.

openSUSE -- http://en.opensuse.org/User:Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador
openSUSE Member
skype -- terrorpup