[opensuse] 11.1 nfs and samba problems
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:17:29 -1000
a few days ago i posted that my month old 11.1 suse install suddenly lost the
ability to start the nfs server automatically or from Yast, now the server
only starts from the command line. today i found out that the samba server is
also screwed up, something about the smbfs not being capable of starting,
also an old, circa suse 9.2 complaint about "can not write pam settings" when
trying to install windows membership in yast.
this is a vanilla install, with the addition of kernel sources (for vmware
install), the basic suse repositories, also packman and vlc for the
multimedia apps, the only kde ever installed and used has been kde3.
again, both samba and nfs were working fine a week ago. it is very probable
that some "security update" did the damage, but I have allready tried the
downgrade s to samba and winbind without success.
any help on both of these issues would be appreciated.
thanks,
d.