Re: [opensuse] dmraid partitions Lost & Found - howto
  • From: Manfred Hollstein <manfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 18:06:35 +0200
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, 17:59:57 +0200, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
In <20090629065851.GA8264@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Manfred Hollstein
wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, 08:39:34 +0200, Petr Uzel wrote:
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 04:10:39PM +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009, 13:39:04 +0200, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 11:00:48 +0200, you wrote:
set wrapcolumn=80 # Wrap text at column 80

Oh, I didn't know that option existed! I'll adapt my muttrc right
away.

FWIW, here's what it looks/ed like:

6.3.277. wrapcolumn

Type: number
Default: 0

Controls at which column mutt's pager does smart wrapping. If
set to 0, no smart wrapping is done. If set to a value larger
than what the current display can handle, this value is ignored.

I've just found this one:

wrap
Type: number
Default: 0

When set to a positive value, mutt will wrap text at $wrap
characters. When set to a negative value, mutt will wrap text so
that there are $wrap characters of empty space on the right side
of the terminal.

Yeah, but this one doesn't allow you to break at an absolut column
number; when you resize your xterm, i.e. make it larger, mutt will still
wrap at (absolute_width - wrap). I'd prefer it to wrap at an absolute
position, that's why I wrote that patch (and sent it upstream).

Read the quoted documentation again. If wrap is a positive value it is an
absolute column. If wrap is a negative value it is a floating margin. It
seems your patch is now unnecessary. Perhaps because upstream changed the
way wrap works?

Indeed. I just checked the value of $wrap and $wrapcolumn in mutt, and
it appears that wrapcolumn is now a tracked alias for wrap. Great, thx!

Cheers.

l8er
manfred