[opensuse] kill & restart plasma to restore kpager with compiz
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:16:09 -0500
Listmates,

I thought I would pass this little nugget along for all compiz-fusion
users
frustrated with the fact that kde4 kpager applet does not work correctly with
compiz. The pager would work correctly only after plasma crashed and was
forced to restart. After one of Patrick S. posts on the factory list
concerning restarting plasma, I stumbled across a clean way to do it cleanly.
The great side effect of manually restarting plasma-desktop is you get your
pager back. You can either run the commands manually from the command line, or
put it in a script (I used ~/bin/rsplasma):

#!/bin/bash
kbuildsycoca4
kquitapp plasma-desktop >/dev/null 2>&1
kstart plasma-desktop & >/dev/null 2>&1
exit 0

Now if the kde devs could just get pager to work right with compiz
without
this, we would be in good shape.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.