Re: [opensuse] Massive issues with multimedia
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:25:00 +0200
On 6/25/2009 at 12:38, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am having many issues with multimedia that I can not figure out how
to solve. Most videos will cause VLC or Kaffine to just exit without
any errors. MPlayer can play the videos but then it constantly is
flashing a message: [AO_ALSA] Unable to find simple control 'PCM',0.

These videos are nothing odd, just old .mp4 or .avi videos...

For VLC, try to get some output when starting it from a console with
vlc -vvv

This is very verbose and should give some more hints.

And as you have the problem with different apps: there might be something
locking you or you have a generic issue with your soundcard.
I had some problems while skype is running for example: it's trying at it's
best to keep the soundcard busy, just in case it want's to announce you
an incoming ring :)

Dominique