Re: [opensuse] FOSS benchmarking/load-testing software
I'm looking for worthwhile FOSS benchmarking or load-testing
software
for Linux appropriate for placing a standard load on a server.
I don't think there's such a thing as a "standard load". You'll
have to
tell us what your server is intended to serve. For OLTP, TPC-C is
the obvious answer, but that isn't free nor open, AFAIK.
I guess what I'm needing is something that I can use to propduce a
reproducible load on multiple test systems.
My intention is to produce an 'identical' load on several test systems
and measure the reaction to the load in each case.

What do you mean by "load"? What kind of "server"?