Re: [opensuse] Re: How to resize windows smaller
  • From: Joseph Loo <joseph.loo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:57:30 -0700
r wrote:
Maura Monville <mauede <at> yahoo.com> writes:

New scheduled windows on SuSE 11.1 are too big. If I resize them manually

then the content is not resized /

adapted to the new viewport size.
I have tried to change the monitor resolution which improved things a little

bit.

Unluckily, iit looks like thee monitor resolution is not saved as it is

reset to the operating system

default at each login.
I am sure there is a way to save the preferred configuration. I just do not

know why ......

Thanks for any suggestion.
Maura

Maura, the program whose manages screen is sax2. Change resolution from
it and save. It recreates the /etc/X11/xorg.conf which is the
configuration file for screen, monitor and more
take a look at it and to 'man xorg.conf'

If you change the monitor size and use other than the native resolution
for LCD, you could possibly loose sharpness and color purity. I have
found another method. Go to Appearance (more applications ->
utilities->appearance). Go to fonts tab and click on Details. Increase
the resolution, and the whole screen will resize to a smaller amount
without loss of color purity and sharpness. By the way, I know this
works for gnome I do not know if it works with KDE.

--

Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx