Re: [opensuse] Re: Hardware problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:02:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2009-06-23 at 12:52 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Logically I agree, but my real world experience differs.

I know that we had a number of SIL sata controllers that worked with
500GB drives fine and failed to work with 1 TB drives. I don't recall
if they worked with 750 GB drives or not. We got a firmware update
from SIL and updated our cards so I can no longer test that.

So far we have tested this firmware version with 1.5 TB drives.
Haven't bought any 2 TiB drives yet.

While shopping for USB HD enclosures, I saw a few of them which specified a size limit well under 1 TB.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.