Re: [opensuse] VMware Server 2.0.1
On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 23:54 -0500, Juan Pablo Romero Méndez wrote:
Hello all,

I'm about to install linux in a small server. Normally I'd go for
opensuse, which is the distribution I'm most familiar with, and
generally like it. The problem is that in my house machine with
opensuse 11.1 I've been unable to use VMware Server 2.0.1. I've tried
all manner of things, searched internet forums and lost several hours
with no success. And for the server in question I do need VMware
server working.

Can some please confirm that VMware server 2 does not run in opensuse
11.1 "out of the box"?.

That would avoid me wasting more time and I'd install something else
instead (ubuntu?)

Regards,

Juan Pablo

Hey Juan,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems, but I can confirm that it
work on 11.1. I'm running six virtual machines on a 64 bit version of
11.1. Now I am running a custom kernel (ie. the latest 2.6.27.x kernel
from kernel.org), but that was installed after I had everything up and
running.

What type of error are you getting?