[opensuse] Re: uncopiable files
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:20:05 +0200
Carlos E. R. a écrit :

Maybe the original uses utf-8, and ntfs can't handle it. You'd need
conversion, somehow... :-?

no. I have regularly such problems when ripping audio cd's (titles
from cddb) at somepoint the code is not properly managed (but I don't
know where). I already fixed manually some, but there the backup disk
(ext3) is good, however I would like to keep the new one with ntfs
because it's more portable to Windows machine, just in case of emergency.

Have a look at mtools; I know mcopy does the conversion, but I don't
think it handles ntfs. Maybe one of those tools can be used to convert
the names, though.

I will take a look

thanks
jdd