[opensuse] Gimp 2.6.6 and TIF
  • From: Heinz Diehl <htd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:13:51 +0200
Hi,

I tried to convert a bunch of .TIF pictures with Gimp 2.6.6 on opensuse
11.1 (manually), and quite often I encountered a freeze while opening the
.TIF in Gimp. Choosing the file, clickin' on "import", the file gets read,
and just when it should show up on the screen, nothing happens and Gimp
freezes. Killing the "TIF import" window results in Gimp going on to load
the picture without any problems.

No error message, nothing in the logs, I don't know.
This is quite annoying and makes it a mess to import a lot of pictures.

Has anybody here observed the same behaviour, or has a solution to it?