Re: [opensuse] Disableing persistent NIC names
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:58:46 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Koenraad, I haven't thought it all through, but as long as you have a
properly configured /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 file, and
your /etc/udev/rules.d/70.persistent-net.rules is empty, I really
think it's a real solution.

Okay, a better solution is perhaps to look
at "75-persistent-net-generator.rules" - I haven't done so, but it
seems to be the place that governs when/how persistent network device
names are allocated.
Maybe it would suffice to remove 'eth*' from the device name whitelist?

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (22.1°C)