Re: [opensuse] Disableing persistent NIC names
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:18:57 +0200
Koenraad Lelong wrote:

Hi,
I have a case where I want to disable the persistence of NIC names.
Actually I have a SuseStudio appliance that has to be used on
different PC's. Every time I put the USB-stick in another PC there is
another NIC name (ethx), and it's unconfigured. I would like to have
always eth0, using the configuration of eth0.
I found it has something to do with
/etc/udev/rules.d/70.persistent-net.rules. Every NIC used has it's
entry there. What is writing those rules ? Can it be disabled ?

You can just delete those lines, and they'll be auto-generated each
time.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (21.6°C)