[opensuse] Disableing persistent NIC names
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 09:58:11 +0200
Hi,
I have a case where I want to disable the persistence of NIC names. Actually I have a SuseStudio appliance that has to be used on different PC's. Every time I put the USB-stick in another PC there is another NIC name (ethx), and it's unconfigured. I would like to have always eth0, using the configuration of eth0.
I found it has something to do with /etc/udev/rules.d/70.persistent-net.rules. Every NIC used has it's entry there. What is writing those rules ? Can it be disabled ?
Other solutions ? Maybe erasing this file on shutdown, or maybe better on startup ?

Thanks for any info.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong
begin:vcard
fn:Koenraad Lelong
n:Lelong;Koenraad
org:ACE electronics
adr:Industriepark 2 nr 12;;IZ Webbekom 2118;Diest;VlaBra;3290;Belgie
email;internet:k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:R&D Manager
tel;work:+32 13 531906
tel;fax:+32 13 531908