Re: [opensuse] Help!Can not boot.
  • From: "Markus Koßmann" <mkossmann_ml1@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:00:51 +0200

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }Hi,

I used vmware (running in windows) to install opensuse into my
HardDisk.but I got problem when boot it in my physical machine. Error :"Wait
For
device /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_VMware_Virtual_00000xxx-part9 to
appear:......COuld not find /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA....."
Last time, I moved my hard disk to other laptop, and installed the
opensuse, and then moved the disk backinto my laptop, and I got the same
error
when booting "Wait For device /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_xxxxx-part-8 to
appear"
error in this way:

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/zhidao/pic/item/728da977ce30a93db051b92d.jpg

Thankyou for your solutions.

You have to make sure that the driver module for the hardisk controler of the
target machine is included in the initrd of your installation.